Thursday, November 17, 2016

A Peek Into My Prayer Closet

“What would You have me write about, Lord?”  It’s the question I ask whenever it’s my turn to submit an article for the Pastor’s Voice column of our local newspaper.  This time His instruction was very clear. 

“Tell the people I love them.”

“That’s it?”  I asked.

“Yep, that’s it. Tell the people I love them.” 

“But God don’t You think there will be a lot of blank space and wide margins unless I come up with about 397 more words?”

“What’s wrong with blank space and wide margins?”

“Um… well, ahhh, nothing really…I guess.”

“Good.  Tell the people I love them.”

“Okey, doke.”
*insert 3 days of writer’s block here.*

“Hey, Deb, do you have that article done yet?”

“No.”

“What are you waiting for?”

 “I was kind of thinking about how crazy the world seems right now and maybe some encouraging words might help ease fearful hearts.”

“More encouraging than, ‘I love them’?”

“Well, Lord It’s kind of...”

“Kind of what? Too complicated?”

 “No.”

“What then?”

“Simple… okay there.  I said it.  It’s too simple.”

“Well of course it’s simple.  That’s my style.  Confusing and complicated come from another source entirely.  So, Deb, are you ready to write that article?”

“Yes Sir.  I am.”

God loves you—each and every one of you!  He loved you to the cross and back.  And He really wants you to know how terrific you are in His eyes. 

“How’s that Dad?”  (Yeah, I call Him Dad)

“Perfect.  Thank you.”  *insert grin/wink/nod from God mental image here*

I love that He loves me and I love that He loves you too.  Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment